LEGAL RISK INDIA SUMMIT 2019
Businesses and risks are inseparable, all business processes have inherent risks, and by designing and implementing the mitigating controls, still must live with residual risks.
Ineffective control and management of risks cost businesses billions in missed opportunities. Failing to comply with anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, antitrust, data privacy laws and several other pertinent laws and regulations, can often lead to both financial and reputational loss.
However, with the right legal and regulatory risk management framework in place, including the proper technologies, models, workflows and processes, comprehensive risk mitigation is attainable. Effective risk management is a discerning factor of successful organisations. To remain competitive, companies cannot afford to set up contingency methods for every possible risk. Rather, they must weigh each risk and build a response proportionate to the risk.
The focus of Legal Risk India Summit 2019 is to build an approach towards minimizing the impact, intensity and occurrence of legal risk by implementing techniques and best practices for effective risk mitigation and its resolution.
Deputy General Manager
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. (Head Legal - Jio Financial Services)
Head legal and Company Secretary
Aditya Birla Capital Ltd.
General Counsel, Compliance Officer & Company Secretary- India & South Asia
Schindler India Pvt. Ltd.
Senior Executive Vice President & General Counsel
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
President & Global Head – Legal & Corporate Affairs
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
General Counsel – South Asia
Wipro GE Healthcare Ltd.
Director Legal & Business Affairs
Head – Corporate Legal
Decathlon Sports India Pvt. Ltd.
Head – Legal, Company Secretary & Compliance
Nivea India Pvt. Ltd.
Assistant Vice President – Legal, Compliance and Company Secretary
PAR Pharmaceuticals Inc.
General Manager & Group General Counsel
ACG Associated Capsules Pvt. Ltd.
Joint Vice President - Compliance & Company Secretary
DCM Shriram Ltd.
Senior Vice President – Legal
Raheja Universal Pvt. Ltd.
Assistant General Manager – Legal & Compliance
Valvoline Cummins Pvt. Ltd.
Senior Vice President & General Counsel
UFO Moviez India Ltd.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Evaluating the effectiveness of legal risk management within your organization
- Legal risk management - Cost to company vs opportunity
- Maintaining the thin line of governance to avoid frequency of frauds and governance failures
- Adapting a sustainable legal framework - The funneling effect from top to bottom
- Legal risk auditing - The need of the hour
- Legal crisis management - Enhancing your organizations readiness
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- Map out the latest emerging strategies that will help your legal professionals reach the next level
- Leveraging technology to transform your legal function
- Streamlining legal operations to mitigate and control risks
- Selecting right tools to transform your legal function
- Best practices for managing risks
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Functional Heads of:
- Legal & Regulatory Affairs
- Internal Control & Compliance
- Legal & General Counsels
- Company Secretarial
- Chief Risk Officers
- Corporate Governance
- Government Affairs